Iquitos is only accessible by river or by air.
- Copa Airlines fly from many locations via Panama City directly to Iquitos
- Spirit flies from many locations in the USA cheaply to Lima
- The booking site Kayak sometimes offers good deals
- You should arrive in Iquitos one day prior to the first day of the retreat, as group departure from Iquitos to Chakra Alegria de Amor the following morning is at 9am of the retreat start date.
- We currently recommend three hotels in Iquitos at prices suited to a range of budgets:
- Hostal El Colibri: +51 65 241 737 – cheap and central, one block from Plaza des Armas
- Casa Morey: +51 65 231 913 – midrange pricing and two blocks from Plaza des Armas (mention you are coming from us and you will get a 20% discount. This is where we usually stay)
- Hotel El Dorado Plaza: +51 65 222 555 – five star, located on Plaza des Armas. (mention you are coming from us and you will get a 20% discount)
If you need to overnight in Lima we recommend:
2nd Home Peru:+51 1 247 55 22 – Mid to high priced guesthouse, very clean and cosy.
Getting to Chakra Alegria de Amor Healing Center:
Our guides will meet you in Iquitos and take you to Chakra Alegria de Amor, which is located one hour’s drive from Iquitos on the highway Iquitos – Nauta. From the highway the walk is 3km (approx 40 mins to 1 hour) through some amazing jungle on a wide, and friendly path. If it has rained you will need rubber boots since the path can get quite muddy. You can buy these in Iquitos at the Belem market for roughly 20 soles. Please use bags that can be carried on the shoulders of our workers, e.g back packs, shoulder bags (no suitcases). If you are unable to walk this distance due to medical reasons please inform our staff in advance so that other arrangements can be made.